Login
Forums >> Phone Specific Discussion >> Blackberry >> Auto Reboot - whats the risk?
Auto Reboot - whats the risk?
Author Topic
BBguy-AUS

Beginner

Posted: 2012-10-24 09:52:45 PM

I use FollowMee in tracking a cell phone mode. I also have Adidas MiCoach installed which I think interferes with FM GPS tracking (I have to remove the battery regularly to get the FM GPS tracking going). I decided to enable Auto Reboot in the FM options but it warned me that this should be used only for Vehicle tracking. Why so? Whay cant I enable this for Cell phone tracking? Will it reboot and say 'FMEE rebooted your phone"?

chris12

Forum Regular

Posted: 2012-10-24 10:02:36 PM

You can enable auto reboot for cell phone tracking. This is only a warning message. It is just afraid that the app reboots the phone at the wrong time, when the user is still talking to it.

Kalimahque

Posted: 2012-11-29 04:45:19 PM

So question - when you say the the app is afraid to reboot at the wrong time (when the user is at use of the phone), what did you mean by that? My question is, if I decide to auto reboot, will a promt message appear for rebootting or will it reboot on its own - (without a promt meassge)and it reboots in the background - per say? And if a promt message does appears how can I remove it from appearing? Or can you say honestly...is it better rebooting manually? And if rebooting manually is better how do I do that and how offten? Sorry for all of these questions - Im a newbee!!!!

chris12

Forum Regular

Posted: 2012-11-29 10:00:02 PM

You don't want the app to reboot your phone in the middle of your phone conversation, right?

There will be no prompt message. The auto reboot will do it in the background. It is better for you to do it manually if you can remember to do so. You simply pull the battery to reboot the phone.

leetrak1

Posted: 2012-12-13 12:12:31 AM

first i say hello (new user to site) :)

use alt + right shift + delete at the same time to do soft reboot (same as battery pull but cleaner) use battery pull if the phone is Frozen (norm soft reboot buttons will not work but you can always try)

that will tell the phone to do an Clean reboot (the OS will close background apps and then tell the phone to reboot, its the same command that's used when you install an app from blackberry app world when it needs to reboot after update)
as the battery pull is bit sudden to the OS and mite brake the back cover clip after some time if your doing it often

FollowMee.com