FollowMee Forums   Home    Forums    Active Topics    Search
    Login
FollowMee Forums >> General Discussion >> Feature Requests >> Send a message when the application is stopped
Send a message when the application is stopped
Author Topic
jbarbay


Newbie

Join Date: 2018-09-08
Posts: 2

Posted: 2018-12-15 03:19:20 PM

Hello all,

Is it possible to add a function to send an email or a message to the "administrator" when the user stops or "kills" the application voluntarily?

On the second request, add an option to have the application wich restart automatically after a certain amount of time after being stopped or "killed" by the user.

I do not know if I am very clear but thank you for reading me.

:) Djok
mteicher


Forum Regular

Join Date: 2014-04-09
Posts: 489

Posted: 2018-12-15 03:46:34 PM

You might look into the additional services including "no update notification"/

http://followmee.com/services.aspx#
Administrator


Best of the Best


Join Date: 2010-01-27
Posts: 1309

Posted: 2018-12-16 10:28:58 AM

You should sign up the no update notification service per mteicher''s suggestion. We will send you an email when you don''t have update for over 24 hours. If you need to, we can adjust this timeout to a smaller value.

When the app is terminated by the user, the app will restart itself after the device has changed location. This process might take minutes if the device is moving, or hours if the device is stationary.

mteicher


Forum Regular

Join Date: 2014-04-09
Posts: 489

Posted: 2018-12-16 06:24:53 PM

When you say terminated. Do you mean it will restart when user stops the app within settings? If so then the only way to really disable the app is to uninstall?
Administrator


Best of the Best


Join Date: 2010-01-27
Posts: 1309

Posted: 2018-12-17 10:06:26 AM

Quote:
Quoted From mteicher:

When you say terminated. Do you mean it will restart when user stops the app within settings? If so then the only way to really disable the app is to uninstall?


"Terminated" means that user presses the home button twice and slide up the FollowMee app on the iphone. This terminates the app process. But the app will restart itself after the device is moving.

jbarbay


Newbie

Join Date: 2018-09-08
Posts: 2

Posted: 2018-12-17 03:05:49 PM

Hi,

I have the no update feature ;)


Quote:
Quoted From Administrator:

"Terminated" means that user presses the home button twice and slide up the FollowMee app on the iphone. This terminates the app process. But the app will restart itself after the device is moving.


Ok so the function is already on.

Thanks you for answer

Jerome
mteicher


Forum Regular

Join Date: 2014-04-09
Posts: 489

Posted: 2018-12-17 03:22:53 PM

Quote:
Quoted From Administrator:

"Terminated" means that user presses the home button twice and slide up the FollowMee app on the iphone. This terminates the app process. But the app will restart itself after the device is moving.


Ok thanks for that. So it only applies to force close type of closure.

  FollowMee.com DMG Forums 3.2