FollowMee Forums   Home    Forums    Active Topics    Search
    Login
FollowMee Forums >> General Discussion >> General Discussion >> Auto Refresh not working
Auto Refresh not working
Author Topic
keith0301

Posted: 2017-11-25 03:07:38 AM

*Forgive me if this was addressed in the other post but I feel like my issue with "Auto Refresh" is different from "track intervals" - please advise and thank you for your patience.

I remember when I had the free version of this app I was getting an auto-update on the phones location every 5 minutes. Then I upgraded the app and paid. It seems as if I lost this feature. I updated both phones to the latest IOS and set accepted the motion/fitness access. It still wasn''t working. It still wasn''t working...but then I noticed there is a *paid* service for auto-refresh. (I don''''t remember this being there before?) So let me get this straight...I used to get this feature on the free version...I upgraded to the paid version in order to improve it to 1-2 minutes auto-refresh and now I don''''t get it at all? I have to pay for it at a monthly rate of $1.99?

OK. Fine...so I paid for it. I have it. Its in my settings and I can activate it and I get as fast as 1 minute per auto-refresh...

The only problem?????

Its not working. There is a button for it on the main website. It counts down if select it and set a timer but then it seems to AUTO-TURN-OFF.....every time I check my settings the auto-refresh is turned off. So I''''m at a total loss here...the feature I value most in this product seems to not be useable and I''''m now paying for it when I didnt have to before...

***On a side note - i would really appreciate you addressing these concerns as well:

Before I used to see tracking errors when the user disabled GPS, or entered airplane mode...now I''''m never seeing it happen. Is there a way the user can hide this activity - e.g. turning off their phone all-together? They do not have access to the app because they do not know the password. When someone turns OFF their phone what happens? I find it very confusing when I see someones activity on the location history show a blue dot in one spot....and then 6 hours later another blue dot in motion....where was the STOP? where was the update that indicates they remained stationary for a long period? It goes back to the auto-refresh thing....if I''m not sending "On Demand Updates" do I never get to see their history? Thats what it looks like...I can only see the history of when I was force updating their tracking....I don''t see what they did when I wasn''t monitoring it actively.

What do I have to do to get this app to auto-refresh and SAVE the auto-refreshes history? I want to know what theyre doing and have it tracked all day...not just when I''m actively pinging them.

I know this was long but I would really appreciate as thorough as response as you can give. I''''m sure I''''m not the only one who has had these concerns. Thank you.
Administrator

Best of the Best

Posted: 2017-11-25 09:55:45 AM

Sorry for the confusion. The auto refresh map premium service refresh the map page for you per your interval. This service only controls the map refresh rate, and not the track interval of the FollowMee mobile app. To control the track interval of the FollowMee app, you need to open the app settings of the tracked phone (or use the remote control premium service to change the app setting remotely). If you need to cancel the auto refresh map service, please login to the Paypal web site to cancel.

The FollowMee mobile app used to use track interval to control the location update frequency. But iOS 11 no longer supports it. Instead, the new version of the app (v5.0 or later) uses tracking power. The default is set to medium and it gives you 5-10 minute track interval when the device is on the move. Set it to high if you want more frequent update. See the following post for details.
http://www.followmee.com/Forums/topics.aspx?ID=1485

keith0301

Posted: 2017-12-06 03:22:57 AM

Ok I’m still confused. How is there a difference between the interval and the map refresh rate? What is there to refresh if there has been no tracking update? This makes no sense. Also—-I told you it auto turns off from any setting I put it on (in minutes).

And I’m sorry but you didn’t address all of my concerns.

For example - why am I no longer seeing tracking errors on their phone? It’s strange...because now MY phone has track errors almost daily and it never used to. I never turn off WiFi or anything. And now their phone (which used to have a lot of errors) has ZERO...and I know they put the phone on airplane mode a lot.. I had asked if they can do something to prevent tracking errors from appearing? Wouldn’t turning off the phone or it’s wifi show a tracking error?

And why can’t I see a history of when the user turns on and off their phone? Isn’t this undermining the app? How do u know if someone was just in one spot for 6 hours or if they turned it off....drove around town all day and then returned to the same location and then turned it back on 6 hours later??! The way it appears on the map is that they arrived at a location and then 6 hours later they’re 3 miles down the road and driving away from the location...what happened during all that time!?!? Why don’t I see updates? Did they turn off their phone or WiFi?

Thanks. I’d appreciate a thorough response. I pose many questions here. Your product is designed to (among other reasons) help watch those that we love - to ensure they’re safe, or doing the right things, etc. - and I think it’s important that you show not only me - but others that are interested and researching your product, that you care about us and serving our mission.
Administrator

Best of the Best

Posted: 2017-12-06 10:40:51 PM

Quote:
Quoted From keith0301:

For example - why am I no longer seeing tracking errors on their phone? It’s strange...because now MY phone has track errors almost daily and it never used to. I never turn off WiFi or anything. And now their phone (which used to have a lot of errors) has ZERO...and I know they put the phone on airplane mode a lot.. I had asked if they can do something to prevent tracking errors from appearing? Wouldn’t turning off the phone or it’s wifi show a tracking error?

And why can’t I see a history of when the user turns on and off their phone? Isn’t this undermining the app? How do u know if someone was just in one spot for 6 hours or if they turned it off....drove around town all day and then returned to the same location and then turned it back on 6 hours later??! The way it appears on the map is that they arrived at a location and then 6 hours later they’re 3 miles down the road and driving away from the location...what happened during all that time!?!? Why don’t I see updates? Did they turn off their phone or WiFi?

These errors are related to the app connecting to the server. Occasionally, you see these type of errors. They occurs because the phone lost data connection. But the app will try again later. You can ignore these uploading error.

This FollowMee mobile app has limitation. When the user powers down the phone, the app will not know about this event right before the phone is shut down. If he drives around for 6 hours, the app is not tracking because the phone is off. If the phone is on, but data is turned off, the app will continue to track but save the data in the phone. When data connection resumes, the data is then uploaded to the server.

If you don''t see location update, you should request a on-demand update on the map page. You should get a update within 1-2 minutes. If you don''t have update, the phone is either powered off, or data is turned off.

keith0301

Posted: 2018-02-10 01:18:45 AM

If the users phone is going into airplane mode but I’m not getting tracking errors then this is a serious problem. It means that they are preventing their phone from being tracked and there is no way I can know that they’re doing this. So what should I do?

Even more alarming.... is that when their phones data IS ON...and the app is running...why am I not getting updates for hours when I KNOW for a FACT that they’re moving? For example....today I was with this person and we walked about 500 meters down the road and spent about 30 minutes at this location before returning to our original position. The app tracked NONE of this. In fact, it only showed the arrival of our vehicle at this location and then 2 hours later it showed when we arrived home. This is unacceptable. I’m paying for premium and I’m not getting updates at a consistent and decent rate.

When I had the free version it would update approximately every 5 minutes and now it barely updates at all. I have it on High power. I force updates but I shouldn’t have to do this. I expect this app to show a detailed tracking history every 5 minutes or so. Going HOURS without updating Is not OK. What could be wrong?

Is there a setting that has to do with walking, driving, etc.? I want it to constantly update and show the history.

FollowMee.com DMG Forums 3.2