FollowMee Forums   Home    Forums    Active Topics    Search
    Login
FollowMee Forums >> General Discussion >> News >> Iframe is available for embedding map
Iframe is available for embedding map
Author Topic
Administrator

Best of the Best

Posted: 2016-10-14 09:58:24 PM

Besides using Javascript to embed your map, you can now use iframe. This is the most simple way and it does not require Javascript. It will work in most web sites, like Wordpress and Facebook. The map uses OpenStreetMap instead Google Map and satellite view is not available.

If you are power user, you can still use the Javascript method, which produces a more robust Google map. Instruction for both methods will be presented in the final page of the sharing process.

For those users don''''t know how to embed a map, see this FAQ
https://www.followmee.com/FAQ.aspx?t=howtoembed

[Background]
In the past, the FollowMee web site offered iframe for embedding map until February 2015, when Google Map stopped supporting this function. We then changed to Javascript. This method was not too complex until Google made another change in June 2006. It no longer allowed keyless access to Google Map api. That meant users need to register for a Google Map api key and this created extra burden. At the same time, more web sites started to disallow users using Javascript in the name of more security. One of these web sites was WordPress. Because of this, we feel that it is necessary to bring back the iframe method.

santafalkirk

Posted: 2016-11-26 11:07:14 AM

Hi when I copy the iframe code into either our website or an HTML page on our Facebook page it does not return any map. Any ideas how to fix this?
Administrator

Best of the Best

Posted: 2016-11-26 03:37:48 PM

I just tested your api key and it is working. Please send us an email, together with your ifame string. We can help you.

santafalkirk

Posted: 2016-11-27 06:49:52 PM

Hi can you give me the email address and I will send it to you.

FollowMee.com DMG Forums 3.2